Poster Challenge 2023
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED, THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ENTERED!
Youth vaping is at epidemic levels in New Zealand. Young people, families and educators are all calling out for more information about vaping and how to educate our youth on its risks. The Foundation has been running the Don’t Get Sucked In website since 2020. This vaping educational site offers clear, factual information on vaping and its risks.
We know that rangatahi are keen to champion of the importance of healthy lungs, which is why we are looking at new ways to spread important health messages about vaping. This competition aims to get young people thinking critically about vaping and sharing their knowledge with others in a creative way.
- Don’t get sucked in – vaping is harmful to your health and wellbeing. Kaua e whai i te ara momi haurehu – He kino te momi haurehu ki tō hauora
- Safer than smokes? Some vapes have the same amount of nicotine as a packet of cigarettes Haumaru ake i te momi paipa? – Kei ētahi momi haurehu te nikotine orite ki tētahi pakete hikareti
- Don’t gamble with your lungs – we don’t know the long-term effects of vaping yet. Kaua e petipeti me ou pūkahukahu – Kāore anō tātou e mōhio ana i ngā pānga wā roa o te momi haurehu
- Vaping harms your lungs and the planet – e-waste from vapes is a growing problem. He kino te momi haurehu i te mea ka whakararu i o pūkahukahu me te taiao – Te maha o ngā rāpihi mai i ngā momi haurehu he raru nui ki te taiao
- Don’t get sucked in – vapes have been designed to get you hooked. Kaua e whai i te ara momi haurehu. Kua tuituingia ngā momi haurehu hei warawara e koe.